Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lake Landscapes

I love taking shots of the lake and surrounding trees.  My preferences has always been for trees with no leaves, but spring is great because you get a little bit of both.  I really like to catch the detail of the reflections in the lake and I think I picked up a lot of that in these shots.

Before:
ISO400; 18mm; f/5.0; 1/40sec

After:
Processing: Temp +17; Vibrance +24; Saturation +17
 This was such a dreary gray day and you can really see that in the before shot.  I like the processed shot because I was able to green up everything while still maintaining a lot of the dreariness of the day.
Before:
ISO400; 28.13mm; f/4.5; 1/60sec

After:
Processing: Temp -12; Tint -26; Contrast +24; Clarity +40; Vibrance +19; Saturation +14

I wanted to bring out the detail in the shot and the reflection in the lake.  I don't know which I like better....the before shot or after processing.  I feel like they are both pretty good.
Before:
ISO400; 18mm; f/10; 1/40sec
 After:
Processing: Temp +17


I really liked the sky behind the tree in this shoot.  So, I chose to process the shot in such a way that really brought out the blue sky and the contrast between the tree and the sky.  I also like the nice straight lines of the tree with the slightly off kilter angle of the shot in general.  The angle I didn't really think out in advance, but I saw the shot and knew it would be good.  It was more of a gut feeling.

Before:
ISO400; 18mm; f/11; 1/100 sec
 After:
Processing: Temp -19; Tint +14; Clarity +7; Vibrance +24; Saturation +36

No comments:

Post a Comment