Sunday, January 29, 2023

Adventures in Owning a Boat

 Just when we pretty much have the remodel at the house finished, then we get the boat.  It's pretty much a new project that will take a lot more time and will be ongoing.  Below, is a picture of the interior of the boat.  I've ordered all new cushions, cushion covers, curtains, and tarps.  Brandon wanted to go with a blue theme and who am I to argue with my favorite color.  The point being mainly to seal the windows to stop the leaks, re-finish and oil all of the teak, and then install the new stuff which is all waterproof, mildew proof, and has UV protection.  Everything will be hung and put back together so that we can keep the interior nice.  So, this is all going to look a lot different when we finish with it.

You can't really see into the berth.  In the picture below, you can see the basics of what is looked like about 3 years ago.  It's pretty comfortable and the cushions are still in good shape.  We are going to replace the white furry nonsense on the walls.  I found some marine grade blue carpeting with rubber backing to use to replace that fur.  I'm not sure why anyone would think white fur on a boat would be a good idea, but someone did.  So, we'll do away with that silliness.  I think that is much more practical and will bring the blue thing into the front of the boat.  Meanwhile, I've ordered dark grey sheets and pillowcases, along with 4 big new King size pillows.  The last thing left to decide is there is some white wallpaper on the rest of the walls in the room.  I could pull it down and paint or pull it down and put something else up.  The original wallpaper is actually some rather crazy looking vertical multiple colored stripes.  I leaning toward leaving the white as it is and fixing what is falling down.



I made more new friends.....you know I have a knack for this.........



Brad stopped by with some huge fishing poles that I'm sure we don't really need.  

Meanwhile, I've taking a break in order to make a new batch of bread.


These drawers are from an outside cabinet on the back of the boat.  The wood is teak and everything was falling apart.  Someone along the line someone put varnish on the wood which is no good.  You should not varnish teak.  You should only oil it.  So, I did the sanding.  Brandon put everything back together, then I oiled it.  I think the result is really good.




There's a lot of elbow grease needed in order to get the rest of the boat looking like this.  It will all get finished eventually.  As of right now, I have until about the middle of February because that's when all the cushions, covers, and curtains are scheduled to arrive.











No comments:

Post a Comment