Saturday, May 23, 2015

Back to basics....

Years ago, I took a basic photography class at BAC (now SWIC).  I remember one of our assignments was to take a self-portrait.  I've been looking around for another photography class and not having any luck finding one.  But, I did find my book from that first class.  So, I thought I'd try to follow along all over again.

This is what I would definitely call a lucky shot.  I was sitting on the couch in the living room and just turned the camera around and shot.  I ended up with two usable shots.  This is one of them.

Taken May 14, 2015.  ISO800; 55mm; f7.1; 1/320sec
I warmed this up and then increased saturation and vibrance.  I cropped a bit of the left side off just so I didn't have to vignette the photo.  I had one stray hair on my forehead and I was able to make that go away.  I think it turned out pretty good considering I didn't expect to get anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment