Sunday, May 24, 2015

Old Momma is at it again!

I've discovered that Old Momma is a bit of a jerk.  She likes to be pushy and when she doesn't get her way, she won't hesitate to head butt you or stand on your foot.  Yesterday, my intention was to use my tripod and new long lens to practice taking "tack sharp" shots of the deer.  Well, Old Momma was a little leary of the tripod at first.  But, she figured out that it wasn't something to be scared of.....

Taken May 23, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 1/250sec
 I was in the shade of the trees and that made it easy to expose correctly.


Taken May 23, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 1/250sec
 I think tasting things is just part of her process for determining if something is okay to be around.  I guess she figured this could be some new kind of tree.


Taken May 23, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f4.0; 1/100sec
The lighting in this one was a little more difficult because I had such nice shade on the left side of the shot and glaring sunlight on the right side of the shot.  I tried to remedy the glaring light on the right side while I was in LR.  It was difficult, but I think I was able to tone it down and find the detail of the grass.  Momma's face isn't very sharp in this shot.  She is a bit soft around the edges.


May 23, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f4.0; 1/160sec
And, here is where Momma seems to have decided that the tripod is not a threat to her and that it might just be some new kind of tree that she could eat.  You will notice that Momma is not completely in focus.  She was constantly moving while she was chewing on the leg.  I was trying to be fast about things.  I'm not quick enough yet to adjust the shutter speed in order to freeze the motion.  So, I was still had the camera on auto.  Otherwise, I think the lighting was pretty good and the grass is very detailed.

1 comment: