Sunday, May 24, 2015

Various goodies....

So, this is just a mixture of different photos.  Most are just for fun.  


This first one is one of the chicks.  She's a product of a white easter egger chicken and a black rooster.  The shot is not in focus because she would not stand still.  But, I still liked the shot.  I like the "ears" and how she looks wobbly.  I guess the shot is really a "turd," but I still liked it and decided to keep it.  
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 0.5sec

Here, I was trying to get a shot of Little One eating peanuts.  Old Momma was making it very difficult for me.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 18mm; f4.5; 1/200 sec


This is Butterscotch....or Caramel....or Tiger....we're not really sure what her name is in the end.  Basically, she'll end up being called Momma because she's the one with kittens right now.  She had four and they are cute as could be.  I haven't been able to get pics of them yet and she is still pregnant in this shot.  She was the most skittish growing up.  But, she's warmed up now.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 1/125sec


This is Old Momma.  I love taking close up shots of her.  She's really so beautiful and sweet.  I warm up all of my pics and this one I cropped down a bit and then added some vignetting.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f7.1; 1/80sec


I had to include this shot because it's almost as if Old Momma was turning around and telling me to come on!  That was my thought when I shot it.  She is so cooperative.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 1/100sec


This is Tom.  He's our tom cat and we can't believe he's still around.  He really should have left this spring.  But, I think he's figured out that he has a good thing going on here and he's decided to stay.  He's pretty cool.  And, I'm of the opinion that so long as they are killing mice and moles, they can stay as long as they want!!
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f7.1; 1/250sec


Prince.  Not a lot to say about him.  I think he was trying to get me to throw the ball for him and I just caught him resting for a moment.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f5.6; 1/100sec


This is one of the many pieces of farm equipment that we own now and I'm still not really sure that we need.  When I snapped this shot, I got this weird reflection from the sun.  This probably should be thrown out as a "turn" photo, but I really liked it.  So, I decided to keep it.  I cropped it a little, warmed it up, sharpened it just a tad, and called it good.  I really like the reflection.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 35mm; f6.3; 1/60sec


This is sweet Sophie.  I have been trying for weeks to get a good shot of her with no success.  Finally, I was reading in one of the photo books that it's okay to cut parts off--such as the top of the head, ear, etc.  So, I finally got a good shot and then I cropped it to just this.  I warmed it up and sharpened it a bit.  I increased the contrast to bring out the black in her fur.  I think it turned out pretty good.
Taken May 14, 2015; ISO800; 55mm; f7.1; 1/200sec

No comments:

Post a Comment